Last update: 2018-05-25
- Collaborating with DataONE as a potential, current or upcoming Member Node
- Visiting and browsing our public website (dataone.org) or other DataONE managed sites (notebooks.dataone.org, coffeehouse.dataone.org, ask.dataone.org)
- Conducting searches via DataONE Search (search.dataone.org)
- Subscription to our mailing lists, registration for a DataONE webinar or participation in the DataONE Users group
- User logins via ORCID, the InCommon Federation, and the NCEAS LDAP directory
- Social media including (but not limited to) Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, and GooglePlus
- Public GitHub repositories and Redmine, GitHub, and Waffle.io issue tracking systems
During these interactions we may collection information, or utilize services, including:
- Information related to search events, including criteria, timestamps, and summary download results
- Information on corresponding authors of peer-reviews scientific research that makes use of DataONE-mediated data
- Cookies and tokens that we use to provide session management
- Third-party cookies that process information related to website usage statistics provided by Google Analytics
This information may be used by DataONE in connection with the following:
- For our Member Nodes and their operators, administrators and other contacts: We retain contact information for the purpose of sharing information, encouraging professional activity and engagement, and communicating directly with participants of the DataONE federation
- Email newsletter lists and automated mail messages on google Groups, along with other internal mailing lists maintained for the purposes of outbound communication
- Public email and discussion lists about data, tools, software, services, and other topics of interest
- Public consultations and surveys both on DataONE and third-party websites to assess data sharing needs and practices
This Processing of personal data is necessary in order to fulfil requirements related to research and scientific methods, intellectual property rights, administrative purposes and operation of the site. The default settings on the site implies that the Processing only includes necessary information. Information collected by DataONE will not be sold to third party organizations and used solely for the purposes indicated above.
If you choose to provide information to the site, this information including your personal data may be accessible to users of the site. The use of social media through the site implies that your personal data may be accessible through such media.
Furthermore, DataONE may be required to transfer the information to authorities as required by law.
You have the right of access and the right to rectify the personal data relating to you.
You may review, update, correct, or delete your personal data by contacting DataONE support via firstname.lastname@example.org. We may maintain an archived copy as required by law or for any of the aforementioned purposes. You may unsubscribe from any of our mailing lists using the links provided at the bottom of each message.
With regard to cookies, you can instruct your browser by changing its settings to stop accepting cookies, but this may affect the use of the site.